General and Specified Donations
Outgrowing Hunger is recognized by the IRS as a nonprofit organization.
Your donation makes it possible for us to keep costs to a minimum for
our participants, and may be tax deductible (contact your tax adviser
for details). We can also direct your donation to our school gardens program or the scholarship fund for low-income gardeners.
General Membership is the basis for involvement with the operation of
Outgrowing Hunger. Members are entitled to attend and vote at meetings,
and to elect or serve on the Board of Members. Membership is not
required to participate in an Outgrowing Hunger garden. Membership is open to anyone who:
1) Contributes in one of the following ways:
- At least 8 hours of volunteer service
- A one-time donation $120 or more
- Makes a recurring monthly donation of $10 or more
- Is a registered gardener in good standing at one of our gardens.
• Increase the ability of low-income individuals and families to obtain and consume fresh vegetables and fruit through development of neighborhood-based agricultural projects and
other appropriate means.
• Promote neighborhood-based volunteerism on behalf of the food-insecure within neighborhood organizations, communities of faith, and among the residents of the communities in which it operates, including individuals of all socioeconomic and demographic status.
• Combat poverty holistically through restoration of resource, relationship, and self-worth